THE WAGG FAMILY
Click icon for map showing Wagg family origins
John Wegg was born before 1742, the first event
for which there is a recorded date. He was buried on 22 December
John Wegg married Sarah Frost in Gresham, Norfolk, England on April 18, 1742.
Sarah was buried on 20 March 1764
Frost had six children:
- John Wagg was born in 1742 and died in
- Sarah Wagg was born in 1744 and died in
- John Wagg was born in 1746 and died in
- Mark Wagg was born in 1749 and died in
- Sarah Wagg was born in 1752 and died in
- Thomas Wagg
was born in Gresham,
Norfolk, England on 14 December 1756, and died 19 September
John Wegg married Rosamund Wilkins.
- Richard Wagg was born 30 September 1765 and
died in 1842
- Mark Wagg was born 3 April 1768 and died in an
- Robert Wegg was born 22 July 1770 and died 31
Thomas Wagg was born in Gresham, Norfolk, England on 14 December 1756,
and died 19 September 1806.
Thomas Wagg married Mary Colman on 11 October
Colman had seven children:
- Sarah Wagg was born in 1787 and died in
- Maria Wagg was born March 19, 1790
- William Wagg was born
February 18, 1792 in England. Married Violet Harmer. Moved to
Ontario, Canada in 1856
- John Wagg
was born 1 July 1795 in Briningham, Norfolk, England. Married Mary
Fisher in 1814. He died 1 August 1864.
- Mary Wagg was born in 1797 and died in
- Susannah Wagg was born October 18,
- Cecilia Wagg was born 25 March
John Wagg was born July 1, 1795 in Briningham, Norfolk, England and died 1 August
John Wagg married Mary Fisher at Stody, Norfolk, England on December 13,
Fisher had eight children. Four of
their sons moved to Canada:
- William Wagg was born in 1814,
married Martha Howell on 2 November 1841. Married a second time
to Mary Chesney in 1846. Moved to Canada in 1853. Died
28 August 1885.
- John Wegg was born in 1817, baptized on 17
January 1819, moved to
Canada in 1836. Married Sarah Johnson.
John was the only one of his brothers to spell his name
Wegg. Died 15 March 1905.
- Thomas Henry
Wagg was born in Yarmouth, Norfolk,
England, on 14 February 1821, moved to Canada in 1844.
Married Amarilla Johnson. The three Johnson women which John,
George and Thomas married were sisters.
- George Wagg was baptized on 16 February 1823
and died 22 February 1823.
- George Wagg was baptized on 16 July
1824, moved to
Canada in 1842. Married Deborah
Johnson. Died 3 December 1900.
- James Wagg was born 30 September 1826 and died
8 September 1884.
- Frances Wagg was born in 1830.
- Mary Wagg was born in 1838.
Click on icon to see the 4 Wagg brothers who
emigrated to Canada
Thomas Henry Wagg, Sr. was born in Yarmouth,
Norfolk, England, on 14 February 1821, died November
Thomas Henry Wagg married Amarilla Johnson in
Stouffville, York, Ontario, Canada on 30 September 1850, they
moved to Michigan in 1885. They are buried in Croswell Cemetary
at Deckerville, Sanilac County, MI.
Thomas Henry Wagg,
Sr. and Amarilla Johnson had fourteen
- Joseph Wagg, born 21 August 1851 in Uxbridge,
Ontario, died 5 November 1851.
- Thomas Henry Wagg,
Jr., born 28 November 1852 in Goodwood,
Ontario, married Mary Stover in Uxbridge,
Ontario on 30 December 1874; died 1 February 1935.
- Arden Wagg, born 10 January 1855 in Uxbridge,
Ontario, died 20 September 1855.
- Edward Albert Wagg, born 4 December 1856,
married Bethina Morden in 1879.
- Alfred Arden Wagg, born 18 May 1858 in
Uxbridge, Ontario, died 24 September 1861.
- Deborah Charlotte Elizabeth Wagg, born 27 July
1859 in Goodwood, Ontario, married George Saunders in
- Henry George Wagg, born 31 march 1860 in
Uxbridge, Ontario, died 24 August 1861
- William Wagg, born 16 February 1862, married
Bertha Robertson in 1884.
- Mary Wagg, born [??], married Marshall Hilts
- Abbott Wagg, born 4 July 1863 in Goodwood,
Ontario, married Lillian May Scott in 1894.
- Andrew Colman Wagg, born 5 January 1865 in
Uxbridge, Ontario, died 30 September 1865.
- Samuel Nelson Wagg, born 4 January 1868 in
Goodwood, Ontario, married Mary Ellen Graves Sheffer in
- Francis James Wagg, born 21 April 1869 in
Uxbridge, Ontario, died 21 April 1869.
- Frederick Wagg, born 30 April 1871 in
Uxbridge, Ontario, died 10 August 1871.
Click on icon for photo & marriage
Thomas Henry Wagg, Jr. was born 28 November
1852 in Goodwood, Ontario and died 1 February
Thomas Henry Wagg, Jr. married Mary Stover on
30 December 1874 in Uxbridge
(Goodwood), Ontario, Canada. Mary was born 6 October 1855 and
died 8 April 1937.
Thomas Henry Wagg,
Jr. and Mary Stover had the following
- Robert Leslie Wagg was born 30 August 1878.
Died 30 July 1899 by drowning at Point Edward, Ontario
(Confluence of St. Clair River and Lake Huron). [Click
for text of news clipping]
- Mary Ethel Wagg, born 24 June 1882. Married
Ira James Rich on 28 June 1905. Died 4 July 1966.
- Archibald Wagg, born 19 September 1885.
Married Pearl M. Honse on 1 September 1910. Died 22 January
- Fergus F. Wagg was born 25 November 1886.
Married Flora Estelle Ames on 6 June 1917. Died 17 March
- Edwin Wagg was born 1 November 1889. Marriage
#1 to Elizabeth P. Linke. Marriage #2 to Mary Phillips. Died
- Norman Wagg was born 31 March 1893. Died 1 May
- Nelson Wagg
was born 5 May 1896. Married Luella Pauline Layher
on 8 April 1916. Died 11 November 1945.
Nelson Wagg was born 5 May 1896 and died 11
Nelson Wagg married Luella Pauline Layher on 8
April 1916. Luella was born 3 November 1896 and died November
and Luella Layher had four
- Nelson Wagg was born 12 April 1917. Nelson
married Adeline Silach on 29 June 1946.
- Marcia Wagg was born 28 November 1918. Marcia
married Sam Amato on 3 March 1945.
- Clarkston Wagg
was born 6 December 1923. Clarkston married
Dorothy Eunice Knepper on 26 July 1947 in Detroit,
- Marilyn Wagg was born 28 February 1925.
Marilyn married Chester Swanson on 13 February 1945. Chester died
on 4 June 2000.
Clarkston Wagg was born 6 December
Clarkston Wagg married Dorothy Eunice Knepper in Detroit,
Michigan on 26 July 1947
and Dorothy Eunice Knepper had
- Thomas Nelson
Wagg was born 14 September 1953 in
- Jacqueline Ann Wagg was born 22 August 1955 in
Thomas Nelson Wagg was born 14 September 1953
in Detroit, Michigan.
Thomas Nelson Wagg married
Janel Irene Bond in Birmingham, Michigan on 17 June 1977. Janel
was born in Detroit, Michigan on 24 November 1953 and died 23
December 1993 in Palmdale, California.
Thomas Nelson Wagg and
Janel Irene Bond had two children:
- Jeremy Thomas Wagg was born 27 March 1980 in Glendale,
- Stacie Ann Wagg was born 10 January 1985 in Lancaster,
Thomas Nelson Wagg married
Linda Anne Greene in Reno, Nevada on 23 June 1995. Linda was born
1 September 1960 in Framingham, Massachusetts..
Jeremy Thomas Wagg was born 27 March 1980 in
Wagg married LáCynda Mayree
Butler in Santa Clarita, California on 12 August 2006.
LáCynda was born in Eugene, Oregon on 31 December
thanks to the following individuals who have provided much
helpful information in putting the pieces of the puzzle together
(in alphabetical order):
of Rotherham, Yorkshire, England
of Ingham, Queensland, Australia
Caroline McGillivray of Zephyr, Ontario, Canada
Sorensen of Ontario, Canada
of Clinton Township, Michigan, USA
of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Revised 13 August 2006